Sep 2, 2014

The Mountain Summits Sleep.


 I took a hike up the mountain a few days back, accompanied by sweet Anita. It was a gorgeous day, and a beautiful view! Here are just a few of the many pictures I took along the way.
~ ~
The Mountain Summits Sleep.

"The mountain summits sleep, glens, cliffs, and caves
Are silent;-all the black earth's reptile brood,
The bees, the wild beasts of the mountain wood;
In depths beneath the dark red ocean's waves
Its monsters rest; whilst, wrapt in bower and spray,
Each bird is hush'd, that stretch'd its pinions to the day."
Alcman.

We started out walking down the street.

Then headed into the woods.





A mushroom.





The top!








~ Julia :)

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to be able to journey along! Thanks a million for "taking us"! We miss you, {so-dear-to-me girlie of mine}. Sending so much love to you {and to each other precious one there} from all of us here. And this, how 'about *this*, for *there*, for Little Man, if there was a space to be made for it! (I want to do it *here* somewhere!):

    http://lejardindejuliette.blogspot.be/2012/09/washi-tape-car-track.html

    It looks like it would be so easily done, even the cardboard *car*house! Take a look when you get a chance!

    I love you, Care. (And....like I said, and I'll say it again!...) I miss you so much. I love and miss you all.
    Beautiful picture of you and Anita!

    Tenderly, Mama

    ReplyDelete